Privacy and Cookies Policy
Ren Laws will only collect and use your Personal Data to provide services you have signed up for and where:
• there is lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with legal obligations;
• performing a contract with you for services; and
• there is legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), Ren Laws, is the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how your Personal Data is used, please contact Ren Laws by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data that you provide to Ren Laws
Personal Data is only collected where you choose to interact with on the Website in the following ways:
· When you subscribe to the mailing list and or complete the contact form, your email address and first name is collected. Whilst it is not requested, some users may also provide their surname. In addition, any Personal data which you choose to share in your contact with Ren Laws is collected.
Data that is collected automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. This information is not linked with information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be used when the law allows it. This includes use of your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of Ren Laws’ Website;
• respond to your questions, comments, and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from Ren Laws, to deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve services and the Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
Ren Laws understands the importance of protecting your privacy. Your Personal Data will not be shared with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
Personal Data is shared as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on for Ren Laws and who require the information to provide those specific services to Ren Laws. These third
parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Adwords
for the purpose of, supporting the functionalities on this Website, advertising, promotions and marketing. Please note that there are appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data and who are providing services for Ren Laws.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
Measures are in place to safeguard the Personal Data collected. These measures comply with the requirements of with applicable law, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults and young adults. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide Ren Laws with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. There is no intention to knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have a number of rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by sending an email to email@example.com :
• see what Personal Data is held about you (if any), including why it is being held and who it could be disclosed to;
• request a change to or correction to your Personal Data;
• request deletion of your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• request a restriction on the processing of your Personal Data;
• withdraw any consents you have given Ren Laws to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
Ren Laws will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected unless it is reasonable to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Cookies are either:
· Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
· Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
Cookies can also be categorized as follows: